Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial by Debbie Bakk!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

    First of all, I want to say hi and thanks for stopping by today to see my second tutorial- still not real good at the high tech stuff so I have taken the best pictures I can with my little digital and working on the project at the same time, so hopefully I explain everything- ok. Well onto this cute & simple ribbon ornament- which I think looks like a pinecone.

     Here are a list of the supplies you will need : A good paste/glue adhesive ( I prefer Yes paste) scissors, cardboard (use cereal boxes or scraps) 2-3 ribbon/lace of your choice (for the pinecone effect should be at least 1/2" wide ribbon) pencil or marker, glitter or Stickles (optional) other embellies such as holly-flowers etc.(optional) and last your choice of paper for decorative backing.
Now that we have all our supplies gathered we are ready to go- this should only take about 20 minutes to complete. Start by drawing an egg shape that is 2" wide by 3" high- doesnt have to be perfect( you wont see it when this project is done.) Note: cut out several or save one for a pattern to use later.
                                        Then take your ribbon (the one for the pinecone effect)
                                             which  I choose  a green felt ribbon and cut
                                                  14  or 15 pieces all 2"or 2 1/4" long 
Then starting at the bottom of the egg shape you want to glue the ribbon pieces on- staggering them as you go- this is when a sticky paste or adhesive works best.
Do this all the way to the top leaving a little room for your bows- which should be either 14 or 15 pieces. On the top you will add your bows or other embellies of your choice and attach a ribbon for hanging also.
Now, with your paper choice you will cut an egg shape out (so that chipboard pattern will come in handy again) and will glue this to the back of the chipboard and it will also cover your ribbon that is to hang your ornament.
After you have done that you are almost done- face the pinecone ornament towards you and with your scissors notch out any areas (chipboard) that can be seen behind the ribbon
 For some bling I have added a silk florist cream flower to my bows and then  Stickles to the ribbon in several spots- which really shines when hanging on the tree. Now, if you want your ornament to be more 3-dimensional and seen from both sides you would just make 2 of these and glue them together (of course then you would not have to put a paper backing on them.
WHOOLAH...you have just finished a beautiful ribbon pinecone ornament to either give as a gift or put on your special tree. I hope this was informative- and you give this a try it was simple and anyone can do it. Be sure to enter a project this week at Frosted Designs ribbon challenge for a chance at winning a prize by Graphic45.  If you have any questions you can  go to my blog:  click here and leave me a comment.

23 Comments »

23 Responses to “Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial by Debbie Bakk!”

Claire said...

Wow that is gorgeous! What a clever idea, really beautiful.
Claire xx

Sonia said...

Hello!!
Totally GORGEOUS!!, very creative. Thanks for this cool idea.
-Sony

bakscrap said...

Beautiful! I'm thinking a few added berries would look like mistletoe? Makes me wish I had a little more time to make some of these to give away. I will put it in my Christmas Planner for next year.

Georgie Horn said...

Great Tutorial! thanks for sharing, come by for some holiday puddin n pie!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/12/reindeer-incident-in-tennessee.html

Beverly Tiemann said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for a great tutorial! Beverly

Nanne said...

what a great tute Debbie.. going to have to make on these now...
Hugs
Nanné

Debbie Bakk said...

i'M SO GLAD YOU ALL LIKE MY TUTORIAL- i TOO MADE SEVERAL OF THESE FOR GIFT TAGS/ORNAMENTS FOR A FEW OF MY FRIENDS- I'M PRETTY SURE THEY WILL ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DID MAKING THEM.

Colleen said...

That is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing

Joni Parker said...

I wondered how you made that... Great Tut Debbie... You made it seem so easy...I'm def going to make some of these!!

Becky B. said...

This is fantastic!!! Great tutorial - thanks for the inspiration! :)

JStoikes said...

Could you do the same on the other side of the cardboard with the ribbon?

Martha Murphy said...

This is beautiful! I made a similar one one time on a plastic styrofoam egg, but yours is prettier and blingier! I'm going to try it.

Jojo said...

Absolutely great! Going to pass along to my crafty niece. Thanks
for the fantastic idea, Jo

Kim said...

very pretty, gonna have to try this one! :) Thanks for the tutorial :)

Brenda said...

Beautiful ornament, excellent tutorial, Thank you for sharing!

Jackie said...

I've seen a notice pop up on your page a couple of times now requesting that your readers not copy and re-post your ideas. If you truly feel that way, maybe you should consider taking the Pin-it links off every item on your page, as the entire purpose of Pinterest is to copy others' ideas to paste to their Pinterest page. SMH

Unknown said...

Hi...thanks so much for this tutorial

I'm
looking early for cute, quick easy crafts for my little neices & nephews...this one really hits exactly what I'm looking for

Jodi said...

Just what I need to dress up my Christmas project. Very pretty and thanks for posting.

Unknown said...

Love this tutorial. So easy to follow!! Thank you!!

jsreader said...

Can't wait to go try this, Just beautiful

Marambra said...

Que hermoso proyecto, muchas gracias por compartir tu idea, y decirte que el tutorial es fantastico.
Abril

Unknown said...

I am glad I saw this tute. Very easy to make. I will have to make some for friends and family. Thanks, Lowell

Cms said...

I love this. It is simple to do but has a very satisfying effect. I just have a correction for you. Whoolah should actually read
Et Voila!! It is a french word that says it all. Translated into English, it means And Here it is! or TA DA!! lol I giggle when I see all (and I mean all) the different versions. It is a beautiful craft and I guarantee that I shall definitely be making this!!